Mission Statement 'Small Business Council of Portland':
'The Portland Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council will sponsor a
variety of educational and entertaining events, workshops and forums that assist small businesses in
their overall performance and ultimately the business climate of our community.'
Objectives and Goals of the Small Business Council:
- Develop annual programs and resources designed to enhance employee recruitment and retention efforts for small businesses.
- Facilitate a networking series for small businesses to educate owners/managers about
business-related issues and to build relationships between small business members.
- Strengthen the communications between small business members and the Chamber.
- Assist small businesses with their overall performance by sponsoring a variety of educational
events, workshops, forums and entertaining gatherings.
- Coordinate small business programs, seminars and workshops